The 2019 MINI Cooper challenges the stereotype that small cars are dangerous. In fact, it has earned outstanding safety scores from industry experts like the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). While you may think larger SUVs and crossovers should be at the top of your list when shopping for a safe vehicle, the MINI Cooper Countryman safety rating, as well as the safety rating of other MINI Cooper models, shows that subcompact cars are not short on safety features and offer a variety of advantages to San Francisco drivers.
How Safe are MINI Coopers?
The MINI Cooper safety ratings will definitely give you peace of mind while on the roads of Oakland. The most recent MINI Cooper was named a 2018 Top Safety Pick by the IIHS, which means the vehicle has to earn top marks in an array of safety tests. The highest score in each category is “Good”, and the MINI Cooper earned outstanding scores in almost all areas.IIHS Ratings:
- Moderate Overlap Front Test Results: Good
- Side Impact Test Results: Good
- Rear Crash Protection Results: Good
- Roof Strength Test Results: Good
- Small Overlap Front Driver Test Results: Good
- Small Overlap Front Passenger Test Results: Not Rated
- Headlights Results: Acceptable
- Front Crash Prevention Results: Advanced
The MINI Cooper was also evaluated by the NHTSA, where it once again received impressive ratings across the board.
- Four out of five stars in Frontal Crash, Side Crash, Rollover, and Overall
MINI Cooper Safety Features
When you look at all of the safety features offered by the MINI Cooper, you will never worry that this small car can’t compete with larger rivals in the market. A list of MINI Cooper safety features includes:
- Active Driving Assistant (FCW/AEB) – To help keep track of your surroundings, this camera-based assistance feature provides Automatic Emergency Braking and Forward Collision Warning.
- LED Headlights – Have a clear view of the roads no matter the conditions outside.
- Ultra Rigid Frame – The MINI Cooper was designed with a rugged frame for the ultimate in not just protection, but handling as well.
Experience MINI at East Bay MINI
MINI vehicles are iconic thanks to their unique style, and now you can rest assured this fun car is also safe for your daily Livermore commute. To see how else a MINI Cooper can take your driving experience to the next level, explore the MINI Cooper reviews, then set up a test drive at East Bay MINI. Contact us today if you have any questions about MINI Cooper price or MINI Cooper MPG.